Monday, January 3, 2011

2011

We have been busy lately visiting with friends and family! On Thursday, My mom, sister, Maddi, Macy, and I all went to Canton! We all had a great time! I bought a new piece of furniture for Macy's room that I am now stripping, sanding, and painting. I hope it turns out how I picture it would -so far it's not. Maddi was happy with some new "oinmaments" (She has never realized that everyone else pronounces them as oRnaments)

:)

Yesterday, at Church, our Pastor made a comment about us being humbly grateful or gratefully hateful. It made me think about a lot of things I was grateful for and how I rarely show it. One in particular is my husband. (This just dawned on me yesterday at Church how I should be much more humbly grateful for him.) Yikes! Never does he complain if supper isn't ready when he gets home (which is often) or if the house isn't super clean. He wants me to be a stay at home mom. He loves spending time with our girls. He works full time, goes to graduate school full time, and helps me with chores around the house. He loves me. I am so grateful for our relationship. I love love love my husband!

 On Friday we celebrated new years eve and on Saturday we went and visited with some friends of ours in Tyler and Maddi played with the other kids. She loves playing with other kids! She left her ball on accident, (Mcdonalds happy meal ball) and cried most of the way home because of it. We have it back now and I can't wait to show it to her when she gets out of school. She will be so so happy.

 Macy is crawling now!! We are so proud of her and love watching her crawl towards something, get distracted by something else, turn her little body, and go. Everything goes straight from her little hand to her mouth. Maddi will watch her grab something, watch her slowly put it in her mouth, then come running to me as soon as she has it in her mouth. Oh Manny. Josh took Maddi on a little date before the long holiday break was over and she had to go back to school. Maddi loves these times when she has Josh all to herself. Josh had to get a haircut so Maddi got to sit in the chair with him and watch. Then they went and saw Narnia in 3D. Maddi enjoyed it a lot and was already asleep by the time they made it home. We tucked her in bed and put the rest of her movie candy on her bedside table. She had told Josh to make sure and tell me not to eat it! haha.

 Maddi was very tired getting up this morning for school. We all were really. We enjoy our sleep! She got her favorite cinnamon toast for breakfast to help her wake up. She later told me I was the best mom for making that. If it was healthier, or healthy at all for that matter, I'd make it every morning just to hear that! My goals for this new year are to read at least one book per week, become more organized, plan out my days (meals, shopping, exercising, cleaning) and to try to simplify as much as I can. Josh graduates with his MBA in May. Tax season starts in another month or so. Josh has a tough 4 months ahead of him, luckily he's very smart!:)  When it's over with, we'll have a 6 year old and a 1 year old. Time for another one, Josh? :) I'm kidding, everybody. I would love to have lots and lots of kids and then adopt lots and lots of kids. Unfortunately, that would require me to work a "real" job. And that's not happening. Maddi will be home from school soon so Macy and I will have to go wait outside for her. Macy LOVES when she is home. Never a dull moment. Or quiet!

No comments:

Post a Comment