We grilled burgers, ate way too much pie, and played dominoes with family. I LOVE my husband and am so grateful for the love he has for our girls.
I had to go to Tyler today to pick up a few things from our house and go by the bank. Last time we left the house we were all in a hurry, trying to clean and move out.
I went back today for the first time in a few weeks. It was so quiet. So clean. Wasn't it just yesterday that I laid my sweet little infant into that crib? Or tucked Maddi into her little iron bed the night before Kindergarten. I hadn't realized how much I'd miss that house and all the sweet memories we'd leave behind.
SO, here is a list of the top ten things I miss about our home and Tyler in general. Come on, you knew this was coming.
1. The pitter patter of feet (and knees, Macy!) across the wood floor that creaked early in the morning.
2. Painting, re-decorating, and rearranging while Macy sat in her swing on the back porch.
3. Laying the kids down and rocking on the back porch with my husband. Talking about our girls, school, and if I was lucky, ACCOUNTING.
4. Watching Maddi run As Fast As She Could up the sidewalk when she got dropped off from school.
5.Working out, eating lunch, and laughing with Allison Carr.
6.Walking around the neighborhood with Josh and the girls. Smiling at each other watching Maddi ride her bike down the hill.
7. Arguing with Josh about who has to drop Macy off in the nursery THIS time.
8. Fresh, The Potpourri House, and Stanleys
9. Rocking my 10 week old Macy outside for way too long most days, because there was just nothing better to do.
10. Being only about 40 minutes away from Canton.
11. Wearing my pajamas all day long.
I had to add that one.
We're enjoying Longview ALOT and enjoy being so close to friends and family. Maddi has made several new friends in the neighborhood and is at her first sleepover tonight! She loves it here. Macy is standing up but still refuses to take a step. AND Josh and I both love our jobs.
I'll be off orientation next week and then I can go back working my usual one-to-two days/week. I love getting to stay home with my kids but work is such a nice break. REAL. LIVE. PEOPLE. who don't throw themselves on the floor and cry about having to wipe.